Bert Ambrose Elementary School
In attendance: Erin Powers, Sonia Wheat, Michelle Stigners, Irene Fisher, Tammy Fraser, Teresa Brown, Morgan Henry, Kelly Lynn Herriot, Tanya Hart, Corrie Bennie, Acting Principal Dwan Boyd
Called to order: 6:35 by Connie Bennie
Introductions made from previous PAC members and all new attendees.
Adoption of Agenda: Irene Fisher/ Morgan Henry
- Added to the agenda: School Mascot Emblem
Adoption of Minutes from June 7, 2016 Michelle Stigners seconded by Kelly Lynn Herriot. Motion passed.
-Happy Hippo order- look into if those who made an order from them after the dead line if they received their orders. (If those individuals did not receive their orders look into placing another order or reimbursing those individuals.)
Basket Ball court- Tabled to next meeting
Climbing wall: The PAC has bought a Climbing wall from Clearview School at discounted price. We are waiting on Maintenance to change Clearview’s climbing wall, then to have them install it at Bert Ambrose.- Tabled to next Meeting
Vote in PAC Executives for 2016/2017
President: Corrie Bennie motioned Irene Fisher, 2nd Teresa Brown
Vice-President: Teresa Brown motioned Tammy Fraser, 2nd Erin Powers
Treasurer: Michelle Stigner motioned Tammy Fraser, 2nd Irene Fisher
Secretary: Sonia Wheat motioned Teresa Brown, 2nd Tammy Fraser
Hot Lunch Coordinator: Sandy will be stepping down with in the year. Kelly Lynn Herriot and Tammy Fraser are willing to learn the system of how the program works. Corrie Bennie also wants to learn the computer system.
Fundraiser Coordinator: Tabled to next Meeting.
Rick Leif- will be returning this year
Angela Pomeroy- will be returning this year
Missoula Theatre- will not be returning it is an American Company that has become very expensive. The PAC will be looking into other Options.
Creation of the year will be directed by Tanya Hart. She will be asking Parents and Teachers to take pictures of special events and outings this year. She has also volunteered if need she would come take pictures.
Hot Lunch Coordinator Sandy MacDonald will be stepping down with in the year. Kelly Lynn Herriot and Michelle Stigners are willing to learn the system of how the program works. Corrie Bennie also wants to learn the computer system.
PAC is looking at cutting back on Fundraising for this coming year, due to the slow economy. The PAC would like to take a simplicity look to the year, and focus on Advocating for the Parents. Also to look at bringing positive changes to the school.
Constitution and By Laws– Motioned Sonia Wheat 2nd Teresa Brown, all in Favor.
Important changes and information to Note from the Constitution and By Laws.
- AGM meetings will now be held in the Spring of each Year.
- Volunteer coordinator Position
Administration Report- Dwan Boyd
- HVAC System- will not be completed until Christmas; Staff has been pleased with the professionalism of the workers that have been working on the HVAC System. They have been working during the night when no one is at the school.
- The school will be looking at changing the computer room to include a project based area.
- Inclusion is the mandate of the new curriculum- the staff will be discussing best practice list and a wish list.
- New Principal- Dave Solan has been talking to staff and PAC to get a vision of what they would like to see in a new principal. Mr. McCracken will be staying on to help orientate the new principal. The time of hiring a new Principal is hopefully by some time in October before the schools planning day.
- There is about 336 kids attending the school, there is 2 kindergarten classes this year. The school is still closed to variances.
- Breakfast program- last year was paid by PAC and community donations. It is run by parent and grade 5/6 volunteers.
- The School being painted blue was because it was suggested by past gators. To have gators swimming in the sea. Mrs. Boyd will look into getting the gators painted.
- The Gator bench that was donated by the PAC, in the Foyer was painted by Mrs. Boyd and a few of the staff.
- School Mascot Emblem
School Mascot Emblem
The Gator Logo that is found on the Website and several other places is the same Logo as the Florida Gators. This can be a Copy right issue. Mrs. Boyd will look into the places the Logo is not the right Logo.
Next Meeting will discuss
- How much Money PAC has
- Discussing with staff about having Spirit days the last Friday of every month
- Pizza to be bought for the winning team.
- Larsh would like to come speak to PAC
Meeting Adjourned at 8:10pm
Next Meeting is On
September 20th at 7:00
After the Open House.